A holistic workshop to prepare you and your birth team for labour, birth and early postpartum.
May 5 & 6, 2018 from 1:00 – 6:00 pm
Location tba – probably my house on Dukes Road
Please register by April 27th. Call 250-653-4867 or email shannoncowanyoga(at)gmail
- recognize and respond to stages of labour
- learn to cope with pain, to support rhythm, ritual and relaxation during labour and birth
- understand anatomy, physiology and emotional landscapes for a variety of labouring women
- understand medical interventions and their usage, learn to make informed decisions
- promote healthy birth outcomes through knowledge and practice
This is recommended for first time parents, for those who have not attended any births before, and for those who had a traumatic previous birth experience or who are striving to create a birthing team from partners/helpers who may require some guidance and practice to be comfortable with their role helping support a labouring and postpartum mother.