A holistic workshop to prepare you and your birth team for labour, birth and early postpartum.
Saturday and Sunday September 22 and 23, 2018 in the afternoons
Dukes Road, Salt Spring Island
Please register by August 31, 2018. Call 250-653-4867 or email shannoncowanyoga(at)gmail
- recognize and respond to stages of labour
- learn to cope with pain, to support rhythm, ritual and relaxation during labour and birth
- understand anatomy, physiology and emotional landscapes for a variety of labouring women
- understand medical interventions and their usage, learn to make informed decisions
- promote healthy birth outcomes through knowledge and practice
This is recommended for first time parents, for those who have not attended any births before, and for those who had a traumatic previous birth experience or who are striving to create a birthing team from partners/helpers who may require some guidance and practice to be comfortable with their role helping support a labouring and postpartum mother.