Calling pregnant mamas who are looking for a yoga class and community during pregnancy. Please message me if you are interested because if the class size grows, we’ll need to change locations to Wellness Centre.
Mondays (Sept 16th – Oct. 28, no class Oct. 14)
5pm – 6:15pm
Studio mid-island – message or call for exact location please.
I am a certified Yoga teacher, Lamaze Prenatal Educator and DONA Birth Doula. I have been practising and teaching on Salt Spring Island since 2008.
Looking for an opportunity to dive deeply into your Self with the tools of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation? To nourish your connection to yourself, build trust and self esteem, know who you are? A retreat “A Shade More…Aware” could be such an opportunity!
Shannon will be co-teaching and co-hosting the retreat with Dori of enso retreat centre on Salt Spring Island, BC.
When: July 11, 2019 afternoon – July 14, 2019 afternoon
Where: enso retreat centre
Registration and information: https://www.ensolearning.com/asmaware
What: Childbirth Preparation Classes (Lamaze-certified)
When: Sunday March 24, 2019 and Sunday March 31, 2019
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Studio on Salt Spring Island – end of Rainbow on Collins Rd.
Pre-Registration Required: Contact Shannon for details
Cost: $120 per birthing team
There is a balance of listening style learning, activities to do together, activities to do with your partners, discussion and question time.
- Introductions and Key Principles for Healthy Outcomes
- Stages of Labour and Birth
- Anatomy and Hormones
- Understanding Pain, Coping, Creating Birth Environment
- Labour Lab I – Early Labour practice positions, skills and strategies
- Breathing Activity for Centering
- Rhythm, Ritual, Relaxation video
- Labour Lab II: Active Labour & Back Labour
- Review game
- Birth Team and Beyond – Roles
- Informed Decision-Making (B.R.A.I.N.)
- Interventions and Hospital procedures – ReasonsRisksBenefitsAlternatives
- Cesarean birth
- Labour Lab III – Pushing and Delivery
- Postpartum (from birth to 6 weeks) (infant attachment and health, mama health)
- Birth Planning Activity
- Postpartum Whole Person and Family Health: Role of Support System
- Breastfeeding: How it works | Common stages / progression | Challenges and Options
- Community resources and handouts
A holistic workshop to prepare you and your birth team for labour, birth and early postpartum.
Saturday and Sunday September 22 and 23, 2018 in the afternoons
Dukes Road, Salt Spring Island
Please register by August 31, 2018. Call 250-653-4867 or email shannoncowanyoga(at)gmail
- recognize and respond to stages of labour
- learn to cope with pain, to support rhythm, ritual and relaxation during labour and birth
- understand anatomy, physiology and emotional landscapes for a variety of labouring women
- understand medical interventions and their usage, learn to make informed decisions
- promote healthy birth outcomes through knowledge and practice
This is recommended for first time parents, for those who have not attended any births before, and for those who had a traumatic previous birth experience or who are striving to create a birthing team from partners/helpers who may require some guidance and practice to be comfortable with their role helping support a labouring and postpartum mother.
Kundalini yoga teachings offer enormous latitude in the teaching and learning about self love. Finding the peace and love that is the honest-to-goodness truth at your core is the ultimate pursuit of humans, the world over. And, it is possible! Achievable! Available to us. Practice a Kundalini Yoga meditation this week to celebrate because “You Gotta Know What Love Is!” to share it with others! What a great feeling! Sat Nam.
Mondays 4:30pm – 5:45pm
Creek Studio 427 Dukes Road
Call or email to reserve your space ($35/month) or try drop-in ($12/class if space allows).
The space is limited to 5 mats.
Regular all levels class on Mondays 8am is warm ups, yoga and meditation, breathing and sound healing. There is something for everyone!
When: Mondays starting Sept. 11th, 2017 8:00 – 9:15 am
Where: 427 Dukes Road in the Creek Studio, top of the green barn. Park on the road and walk in through the gate, please.
Since space is limited, you’ll need to secure a spot month to month with a $35 payment.
Contact Shannon to register and pre-pay, or to drop in $12, please call at least 1 hour before class to see if there is space for you that day. Thanks!
shannoncowanyoga(at)gmail(dot)com or 250.653.4867